For years scientists have searched for a “magic bullet” to relieve the pain of depression and other mood disorders — safe enough for nursing mothers, children with ADHD, and the elderly, without the side effects associated with medicines like Prozac, Zoloft, and lithium. Now the search may finally be over, thanks to the Omega-3 Renewal Plan, introduced here by Andrew L. Stoll, M.D., Director of the Psycho-pharmacology Research Laboratory at Harvard’s McLean Hospital.
In his groundbreaking research, Stoll found that omega-3 fatty acids, already known for their importance in preventing heart disease, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer, play a crucial role in mental health — regulating and en-hancing mood, sharpening memory, and even aiding concentration and learning. And these remarkable substances, so essential to our health, are found abundantly in common fish oils and other sources.
The bad news is that even though omega-3 fatty acids have played a critical role in our evolutionary past, these extraordinary substances have been depleted by our Western diet and lifestyle, and the resulting nutritional imbalance seems to have led to a sharp rise in heart disease and depression. By contrast, in Japan and other countries where fish consumption is high, both heart disease and depression rates are low. Stoll explains how easily omega-3s can be used up in just a few generations, and how a new mother with depleted omega-3s loses still more to her baby — a fact that may account for the severe postpartum depression so many women suffer. He documents evidence that a shortage of omega-3s may also play a role in attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other learning problems. The good news is that this downward spiral of depletion and depression can finally be reversed.
In his revolutionary Omega-3 Renewal Plan, Dr. Stoll presents readers for the first time with all the tools for restoring their natural balance of omega-3 fatty acids, including which foods to eat and how to choose the most effective over-the-counter supplements. Featuring information on how to integrate flaxseed and fish oils into diet and medication plans, and including simple recipes as well as supplement dosages and sources, The Omega-3 Connection offers an entirely new, practical method for improving mental health.Used Book in Good Condition
- Dealing with Depression: 10 Truths About Depression and How to Overcome It: Mental Health, Happiness, Feeling Good, Self Esteem, Depression Cure (Personal Development Book) Depression book
«If You are at the Very Bottom, in Fact, You’re in a Good Condition: the Only Way is Up!» Today only, get this Paperback version book for just $15.99. Regularly […]
- Dealing with Depression: 10 Truths About Depression and How to Overcome It (Personal Development Book): Mental Health, Happiness, Feeling Good, Self Esteem, Depression Cure Depression book
«If You are at the Very Bottom, in Fact, You’re in a Good Condition: the Only Way is Up!»Today only, get this Kindle book for just $2.99. Regularly priced at $5.99.Read […]
- Depression Anxiety and the Brain in Your Gut: How Thought, Emotion and Behavior Work and How to Get Back to Normal Depression book
Top 5 Steps to Ultimate Mind-Body Wellness Step 1: Define Normal Most people are astounded to learn there is not a clear definition for normal in the industry of […]
- Binge Eating Liberation: Functional Eating (Stress, Emotional Eating, Overweight, Diet, Food, Disorders, Overeating, Binge, Depression, Health, Nutrition, Weight Loss) Depression book
What You Will Learn...This book contains pragmatic approaches to holistically treating the disorder of binge eating, and aims to seek the root cause.Delving into the […]
- Nature Made Diabetes Health Pack, 60 Packets Diabetes Care
The Nature Made Diabetes Health Pack is scientifically formulated to supply nutritional support for people with diabetes, and provides important nutrients that may […]
- Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions: Self-Management of Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema and Other Physical and Mental Health Conditions Depression book
Completely redesigned for easy reading and fully updated with the latest research and information on current practice, medication, legal matters, and specific […]
- Soothe Yourself: Learning Emotional Self-Regulation: For People with Anxiety, Depression, NPD, BPD, IED, SPD, Bipolar, ADHD, ASPD, AVPD, and ASD (Transcend Mediocrity Book 88) Depression book
Many of us are battling with depression, anxiety, mental illness and personality disorders. We feel anxious, frustrated and overwhelmed. We fail to have the support […]
- Depression: Causes and Treatment, 2nd Edition Depression book
More than forty years ago, Dr. Aaron T. Beck's pioneering Depression: Causes and Treatment presented the first comprehensive account of all aspects of depression […]