Neurasthenia covers a wide spectrum of symptoms, including painful sensations or numbness in parts of the body, chronic fatigue, anxiety, and fainting.
Other accompanying symptoms are due to dysfunction of the autonomic nerves, such as palpitations, shortness of breath, flushing or pallor of the face, dizziness, tinnitus, etc.
Some medical historians believe that neurasthenia may actually be the same as the modern day disorder of chronic fatigue syndrome.
The cause of neurasthenia remain unknown however like most disorders, certain predisposing factors may play an important part.
No physical treatment has been established.
Traditional therapy for neurasthenia has included eating healthier, improved hygiene, psychotropic medication, and adjustment of work or lifestyle to decreasestress.
Causes of Neurasthenia
The common causes and risk factor’s of Neurasthenia:
- Certain predisposing factors.
- Heredity factors.
- High stress occupations.
- Viral infection.
Symptoms of Neurasthenia
Some sign and symptom related to Neurasthenia are as follows:
- Abnormally rapid breathing.
- Dizziness or faintness.
- Sweating for no apparent reason.
Treatment of Neurasthenia
- Traditional therapy for neurasthenia has included eating healthier, improved hygiene, massage, and adjustment of work or lifestyle to decreasestress.
- Antidepressant medication and psychological counseling are standard treatments of choice.
- Regularlight exercise.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may be used.